Thursday, April 1, 2010

It’s Beginning to Feel a lot like….SUMMER!

Since moving to Texas, I have come to realize and am coming to grips with the fact that we really only have two seasons.  We have a cool (but by no means freezing winter) and a HOT HOT HOT summer with a few beautiful days in between that some may consider to be “spring” and “autumn”.

I can’t complain, we have had a beautiful “spring” this year with sunny days that have been in the middle 60’s…but as of this week, I think our days of “spring” are fleeting.  Today my car thermometer read 80 degrees which meant that B and I drove with the windows down in effort to enjoy before it gets too hot.

Since the thermometer seemed to make it official, B and I decided to play in his sandbox after his naptime…that’s what you do on a nice summer afternoon when you are little boy… right?

 IMG_2077

IMG_2080

IMG_2088

IMG_2089

IMG_2090

IMG_2091

B is quite curious with the sand…he rubs it across his little fingers as he plays. I can just imagine the little wheels in his head turning around and around…he would dig and then investigate the little sand granules that had gotten stuck on his hands and then dig some more.

The sandbox is fun, but it usually means that bath time will ensue not too long after playtime is completed! After playing, B enjoyed a quick bath. I put him into his pajamas a little early (so as to try to prevent the already heaping pile of laundry from growing even taller) and then B “helped” me make dinner, he is quite a little helper….especially with the rubber spatula!

 IMG_2094IMG_2093

I am trying so hard to savor evenings like tonight…B’s “help” in the kitchen can get a little tying in regard to my patience, but I know that he will only be this little for a short season…before I know it he won’t want to be at my feet or be pulling up on my legs to try to see what I am doing on his little tip-toes…so for now, even if it slows my dinner-making down a little, I will enjoy it.

Thank You Lord for our precious little B!

And thank You for beautiful sunny days!

No comments:

Post a Comment