Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Sunday!

It’s not very often that I get to be in photos with B because I am usually behind the camera, I have realized that I need to be more intentional about putting myself in front of the lens (even though it’s not my favorite spot) instead of behind the lens, because otherwise B will grow up seeing photos of himself, C, Ella and others and wonder where in the world I was!!!

IMG_2375

C was kind enough to snap this photo of B and I this morning. I never could have anticipated how much I love this sweet little guy…he continues to be such a gift to C and I.

IMG_2376

This is C’s attempt at trying to convince B that walking will be really fun.  B continues to have absolutely no interest in walking, when we try to walk with him like this, he will typically sit down on the floor, look at us, grunt and then crawl away (as if he is thinking “I will do it in my own time, don’t rush me). I think his lack of interest may be in part be due to his incredible efficiency with crawling….and trust that he will do it in his own time, but the “comparing mommy” in me is wanting him to walk so badly so that he can keep up with all of his friends.

(I am sure that I will be eating my words in not too long when he is walking and I can’t keep up with him/keep him out of everything.  This is a good lesson of “The grass is always greener on the other side”  I need to learn how to be content with where B is at for the moment because he will be walking out the door for college before we know it!) 

Happy Sunday!

Be Blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew isn't walking yet either. We try to coax him and get a look that we think means, "MOM, really, I can crawl, cruise, and climb to get there - why in the world should I walk?" But I know what you mean about the comparison thing, thanks for your encouraging word about contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will walk eventually, and he is just patiently waiting and ready to surprise both you when he does. He has a whole plan on this I just know it.

    ReplyDelete