Monday, April 5, 2010

Chesapeake Bay Breeze

I have never known what it is like to not have a dog, simply put they are the best!

Some of my earliest memories include my family’s golden retrievers, who couldn’t love their wagging tails, slobbery tongues, doggie pulls, dairy queen stances, begging from the table, perked ears, desire to play fetch, drool, milk bone fetishes, semi-obedience…but most of all loyalty!?!

7-19-2006-010

Cheesea, our golden who we have had since the tail end of middle school, did a fantastic job of encompassing all of these typical canine traits…but even more, I always knew that I would find the Chess at home after a rotten day of school (high school was rough!) always content and excited to have my company when sometimes  it felt like no one else wanted it …I really think one could learn a thing or two from a golden retriever!

7-19-2006-111 

 2009 December-2 252

As silly as it sounds…this sweet dog touched my life through both her loyalty and quirks…I know that all of my family would agree…she was a fantastic dog…now when we go home it won’t be the same without  her laying in the sun in front of the family room window waiting to greet us…but we do have plenty of stories to laugh and reminisce about as we remember our sweet canine companion.

 IMG_0871

Thank You Lord for our sweet pets, they really do remind us of loyalty and unconditional love!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Sara--that's a sad moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your goodbye. When I'm around Lu I think surely God must have a sense of humor, and I'm so thankful the way he blesses us with His creation. She's certainly a picture of joyful enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete