Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rubber Band Mishap

Our dryer is a little quirky…not on its own accord, but account of me. I accidently washed and dried a hair rubber band a few months ago, when I opened the dryer after the cycle of laundry was complete I discovered a very brown, very burned hair rubber band hanging from the rubber gasket in the dryer drum. The rubber band left an awful burn mark on the dryer’s rubber gasket which now randomly leaves very awful burn marks on any light colored clothes! In effort to protect our light colored laundry, this is our temporary fix (c surprised me with a retractable clothes line about a week ago- prior to the surprise I had been using our dinning room table and chairs as a clothes line). 

 IMG_2244

Who would have thought that someone could be so grateful for a retractable clothes line?  I have to admit that it takes me  back to summers at my parent’s cabin when we used a clothes line to dry wet swim suits and towels, when I look outside our kitchen window and see clothes hanging on the line…it makes me a little nostalgic. 

IMG_2246

Ella loves the clothes line because it means that I am out on the back porch more often which means she has someone to throw her ball for her. How could I resist throwing the ball when I have this face looking at me?

1 comment: