Sunday, April 25, 2010

Take ‘B’ Out to the Ball Game

We were blessed with the opportunity to go watch the Rangers play ball this afternoon with some friends. Some of C’s childhood friends are always so gracious to offer our family the use of their family’s season tickets each season…they have fantastic seats and we (C the most) are always grateful for the chance to get outside and watch some baseball, especially at the beginning of the season before it gets too hot outside.

IMG_2383

The game was fun…hot but fun! I thought I had planned ahead by wearing a sun dress…I didn’t think about navy being an incredibly hot color to wear in the warm sun…let’s just say that sitting in the hot plastic seat brought back memories of Cowtown’s summer heat! (Not to be too graphic, but I never realized one could sweat as much as one can until I moved to Texas….oh the joys of summer!) We were “in it to win it” though and stayed till the last pitch was thrown!

IMG_2382

B didn’t mind being warm and lathered up in sunscreen, he was a really good sport…in fact, he “caught” his first ever game ball…with C being his dad, I am sure that this will be one of many!

IMG_2380

B took turns sitting on each of our laps. B is really working hard to break in some of our friends! 

I will humbly admit that at one point B dropped a Cheerio on the ground and before I could stop him, B picked the fallen Cheerio up and put it in his mouth! Yet another moment when I have had to eat my words as a mom, in the past I had said “I will never let my child eat anything that falls on the ground, that is disgusting!” Well, I guess I can’t say that any more, we will just strive for minimal moments like that!

IMG_2389IMG_2395

I love this little sun hat, it makes B look like he is ready for any adventures that may come his way! Not to mention, it is incredibly practical…it is light weight and the strap prevents him from pulling it off!

B really did enjoy the adventure that he and his hat experienced today…Go Rangers!

Thank you C family for so graciously sharing your tickets!

Thank you K & J for joining us…thanks for letting B spend some time on your laps!

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment