Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Pantry Clean Out…Has Spilled Over to Closet Clean Outs!

We are still working through cleaning our pantry out…we never could have imagined how much stuff we had stuffed into such a small space…the concept has been rather freeing so I have taken it upon myself to clean my own closet out!

 IMG_2271

As I have cleaned, I have found myself quite appalled by the amount of clothes that I have, I am not taking this opportunity to brag by any means in fact most of the labels in my closet are from Target, Marshalls, Ross etc.  But I really have entirely too much! So as of today, I am going to challenge myself to try to wear more of my clothes and not buy any new clothes unless I find something that I truly need (which is doubtful) or something that is under $10.00 and at least 75-80% off…I am going to treat visits to my closet like a shopping trip by trying  to “concoct” outfits that I have never worn before…I am going to try to do this until the majority of items have been worn, I hope by that point I will have a more grateful and content heart for what I have and a good understanding of what I really can get rid of or give away…I mean seriously, I have had some pants hanging that I have thought… “Hmmm, I think I will give those away…no, but wait…I may wear them someday!?” That someday has arrived and if they don’t get worn in the next several weeks they will be history!

On a funny side note, which I am a touch embarrassed to admit,  I did find an old denim overall dress still hanging in my closet…I have no idea why I have kept it? I mean there may be a day when I need to dress western or something fun like that…but really, would I choose to wear a denim overall dress…I would hope I have more style than that!

IMG_2272

I do request that if anyone notices me being “not-stylish” to please tell me, I promise I won’t take it personally…but instead will be entirely grateful! I am the first to admit that my SQ (style IQ) is not really high!

3 comments:

  1. love this! several friends and i have agreed to clean out our houses one room at a time, and i can't wait to clear out the clutter! we've got it planned for this summer in prep for our annual garage sale in the fall. you've got me inspired!

    ..no worries about the overalls. not too long ago, i took some clothes to consignment, and the saleswoman said in quite the condescending voice, "um, ma'am, we're no longer taking any overalls". i quickly snatched them from her hand and ran to my car. so embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I little trick I tried so I could visually see what I had worn in my closet, was take all my clothes and face the hanger in the opposite direction (hook part facing you). Once you wear an item, hang it back up in your closet (hook away from you). You can re-evaluate whenever you choose, but I would wait at least a year, or wait until it is time to change seasons. When you look at your closet you will have a visual marker of the clothes left that have been untouched (all the hangers still facing the opposite way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the overall dress needs to make its next appearance at that breakfast we were discussing a few weeks ago! I'll wear my pajamas if you'll wear the denim...

    Also, you are always stylish and SC (supercute)!

    ReplyDelete