Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Music Class Drop Out “hearts” Nap Time

B and I have had somewhat of a rough day, between sneezes, coughs and runny noses neither of us have really had on our “A’ games.

The day started with a fantastic walk and then B enjoyed a short morning nap…I had to wake him up in effort to get to our mommy & me music class on time. At the class, B was sure to let everyone know that he was grouchy on account of his allergies and shortened nap, I was both humbled and embarrassed by his grouchiness…so as of today, I think we are done with music, it just doesn’t seem fair to abbreviate his naptime. There is only one class left, and the pros are out weighing the cons to finish the semester off so, B and I are music class drop outs as of this morning!

After music we enjoyed lunch, a quick coffee date with a potential horned frog (which put me in in the salesperson mode of trying to sell Cowtown as a great place to live) and a LONG afternoon nap for B which was much needed!

I have come to love nap times, don’t get me wrong, I love the time that I have with B while he is awake…but it is so nice to have a couple hours to myself…since the day has been somewhat of a mess, I treated myself to some needle and thread therapy, I figured that the laundry and two cakes that I am supposed to bake for tomorrow could wait!

This is what I have to show for the day’s therapy session…

This is the before photo (this is a different sweater, but it provides and idea of the starting point)…

 IMG_2294

B started crying just as I was taking the photos, it was as if he planned the therapy session himself!

IMG_2295

I have no idea if I will ever be gutsy enough to wear my “new” sweater…I guess only time will tell, but  I have challenged  myself not to make any more clothing purchases for awhile, so maybe one morning I will go “shopping” and pick this item out?!

B just finished his snack and is in desperate need of some Mommy-love…then it’s off to tackle laundry and baking…it seems as though the day as perked up a little…even though the sneezes and coughs continue!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment