Thursday, April 22, 2010

“Eating Banana Pancakes…Pretend Like we are Swimin’”

What a day! B and I enjoyed a nice long impromptu play date today with some friends from church…I enjoyed the time with grown-ups and B seemed to really enjoy the time with his little friends. We continue to be so grateful for the friends that the Lord has placed in our life…I know that I often take it for granted, but God has really provided for us here in Cowtown and we are so grateful.

The long morning afforded B a long (almost three and a half hour) afternoon nap…while B slept I enjoyed some more “needle and thread therapy” (I tend to get on little kicks…I will probably loose my steam in a couple days and move onto something else, so I wanted to take advantage of my steam and experiment with some ideas that have been floating around in my head…heavy emphasis on attempt).

These are the fruits of the three and a half hour nap…(okay, I have to be honest, I worked a little bit after dinner too…C was gracious to clean up from dinner and give B a bath…I think deep down he really enjoyed the Daddy and B time!)

 IMG_2347 IMG_2349IMG_2350

I was afraid I might “ruin” my own clothes while experimenting so I purchased a package of five small men’s undershirts (the package was $10.00, my rationalization was that if my ideas didn’t turn out I could justify it as an entertainment expense).

Like Tuesday’s sweater make-over, I don’t know how often or if  I will wear these shirts, or how well they will come through the washing machine/dryer…but I consider the “therapy” a success, I was able to enjoy a relaxing afternoon  listening to the sewing machine hum as B slept! (Much more enjoyable than cleaning!)

My sewing set me back a little in regard to getting dinner ready…SO, we enjoyed a quick and easy dinner…banana pancakes! I found myself singing the Jack Johnson song as I mixed the batter and flipped the cakes…they were actually really tasty if I don’t say so myself!

IMG_2329IMG_2328

B seemed to love them…well, it was either eating pancakes like a big kid or the fact that he got to wear his swim trunks to the dinner table?

Let me explain, B is suffering from his first bummer of a diaper rash (not to over share)…I know that keeping him dry is best, but I don’t trust him to not use wherever he is playing as a restroom…I thought the swim trunks may let him air out a little, but still contain any messy surprises…crazy thought, probably so, but he did look pretty cute in the Madras trunks…and I really do think the trunks made the pancakes taste better!

IMG_2320

Happy Thursday!!!

Be Blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Wait! I thought today was Thursday, not Tuesday? You said "Happy Tuesday." I'm confused. But nice work on those shirts.

    I used Jovie's nap to organize my craft and cord bins in my pantry. I even used the label maker!

    Look out, nap time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty!

    B and Coop could be twins - same swim suit! I actually bought my little man that suit last year in 2 sizes in the hopes he could wear it for two summers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed! I think the third one is my fave--love that fabric and the band at the bottom of the shirt.

    And B looks like a giant! I think he's gotten taller since I saw him last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look taller! I agree! Your shirts are so cute--I'm impressed with your seamstress skillz!

    Oh, and p.s., can you come make banana pancakes for us tomorrow morning? Does 9:30 work for you and your sous chef? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so cute!! great job! I tried to get some sewing done too, but Hannah decided she only wanted to take a 45 minute nap! oh well, our play time was worth it!

    ReplyDelete