Friday, April 2, 2010

Coincidence?

I love that God can use Scripture, people, books, etc. to speak to our hearts…of course remembering that everything should be backed up with Scripture to check to make sure it is true.

Before bed last night, I was reading The Mission of Motherhood by, Sally Clarkson, it has only taken me about a month and a half to get to page 54…but life happens and I am grateful for the opportunities that I do have to read, even if it is only a few pages here and there.

This is what stood out to me, especially after my dinner-making experience with B last night…

…I have found that embracing God’s call to motherhood once and for all has brought me great peace. Instead of seeing fusses and messes as irritations in my day, for instance, I am more likely to see them as opportunities to train my children to be peacemakers and to learn to be responsible for their own messes. Instead of resenting the interruptions in my schedule, I am more likely to accept them as divine appointments.  More and more, I have learned to see my children through the eyes of God and to accept the stages of growth which he has designed them to grow.

How do we make the commitment to give the area of motherhood over to God as a sacrifice to worship him? We yield our personal rights to his hand. We give up our time and expectations to him-and also our fears and worries about how we will manage. We trust him to take care of us and our family. We let him redirect our thinking and expectations and adjust our dreams. And we wait in faith to see the fruit of our hard labor in the lives of our children, knowing that he will be faithful to honor our commitment to him.” (p. 54 The Mission of Motherhood)

So as it sometimes may feel like B is “getting in my way” of accomplishing what I need/want to accomplish, I am challenged to slow down and want to learn to ask God to remind me of divine appointments that I may be overlooking through my haste of trying to get my to-do list accomplished each day. I want to learn how to see B as God sees him, I want to be as grateful as possible for this precious little life that God has so graciously entrusted to both C and I.

I am challenged by these verses…

“The wise woman builds her house, but with he own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” Proverbs 14:1

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3

“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9

Happy Thursday! Praise God for this upcoming weekend!

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiring example of Godly parenting. I love to see your sweet pictures of Owen's adventures and hear your honest journey through motherhood. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete