Monday, April 26, 2010

A Hardened Heart Transformed

I have recently found myself thinking about Saul's heart as it was so drastically converted from being cold and hard to being soft, malleable and "hot" for Jesus and the Gospel (the entire story is found in Acts 9). Saul truly hated Christians, he did everything in his power to due away with them, to torture them and put them in jail. It is so awesome to read the passage in Acts and learn that no heart is to far gone, too cold or too hard for God to miraculously change, draw to Himself and ultimately use for His own glory. This is exactly what He did in Saul's life. He took Saul, literally pulled him to the ground and changed his heart and life. Saul went from hating Christians to walking alongside and teaching them, he has been noted "as one of the early church's leading theologians and went onto write a large portion of the New Testament"! (p. 113)

This passage makes me stand in awe of God's grace, how incredible that God was able to forgive, transform and use Saul. God was able to see past Saul's sin and hardness. This encourages me because it reminds me that God can see past my sin and the hardness of my heart. It really makes me wonder what God may have in store for me, my life and our family in regard to using us to ultimately glorify Himself. It makes me want to seek after Him more, to be more willing and wanting to listen to His leading, no He hasn't blinded me on the side of the road like Saul, but I am sure that he has/is calling and leading me...I just hope that in my selfishness or my own plan for my life I don't miss His calling and the opportunity to be used by Him...it really is pretty convicting, challenging and encouraging to think about!

Happy Monday!
Be Blessed.

(quote taken from Hands on Bible Spring Curriculum)

No comments:

Post a Comment