Saturday, April 24, 2010

Humbling

 

My good friend of mine has been following this blog for a long time…she introduced me to the blog last summer and I had honestly forgotten about it until I saw it on another friend’s blog this past week…

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

This is Katie’s story/timeline in a nutshell:

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2009/08/it-is-my-16th-birthday-and-i-am-eating.html

Talk about humbling!

I know that not all of us are called to the far ends of the earth like Katie…but we are called to be the hands and feet of Christ where the Lord has planted us. I am convicted…how am I being His hands and feet in Cowtown? What could I be doing to be more effective in serving others on His behalf?

I love how Scripture convicts, challenges & encourages…I want to work at remembering these truths…to write them on the tablet of my heart and to model them to B and our family…what a task, I know I can’t do it on my own, I am so thankful for the Lord’s help…I just have to remember to ask for it!

"Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 42:14-16

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. " Romans 12:10-12

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. “Colossians 3:23-24

Katie embodies these passages…

She serves God faithfully.

She chooses each day who she will serve.

She serves the Lord.

She is not lacking in zeal.

She is joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.

She works with her whole heart.

WOW! What a challenge!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment