Friday, August 13, 2010

THANK YOU MS. P!!!!!!

As a non-native Texan, I am always looking for ways to stay cool. Some of my most recent ideas (which I totally and humbly admit are not always real classy) have included purchasing a misting system to hang around our porch, have outdoor fans, push B in the stroller through water fountains, retire my hair blowdryer till fall, wear sun dresses, let B hang out in a diaper, going to the pet store to look at fish and hamsters because it is cooler than the zoo, use the kiddy pool daily, play in the sprinkler before 9:00am, take between 2 & 3 showers a day (I call them my vacations), visit McDonalds to use their indoor play equipment  and purchase a small soda (I can’t take full claim for this idea), visit the museum to play, go to Target or any other store that is air conditioned, or be a “pool mooch”!  Though this list is not exhaustive, I am starting to run out of ideas and always looking and wanting  other people’s suggestions and ideas.

I often feel awkward taking people up on offers because I am afraid that I might infringe on their family time etc. or make them feel like I am taking advantage of them (something I never want to do)…which makes being a pool mooch (my favorite of all the ideas) rather tricky.  But this week, as the temperatures have consistently hovered around 100 plus degrees I decided to put my pride aside and ask my friend if I could take her up on her standing offer to come over for a pool date.

I am so glad that I did, because we had a blast! C was able to excuse himself from work a touch early so that the three of us could spend some family time together playing and staying cool before it was time to get B ready for bed.

 IMG_8101 IMG_8124

B tried putting his face in the water several times…so we tried to teach him how to blow bubbles…he thought the entire process was pretty comical.

IMG_8130B IMG_8134  IMG_8204

“Jumping” (really leaning) into the water is still a novelty and seems to be one of B’s favorite tricks.

IMG_8219 IMG_8228 IMG_8267 IMG_8270

IMG_8309

More bubble blowing…

IMG_8326 IMG_8345 IMG_8390 IMG_8392 IMG_8398 IMG_8406

At one point, while I was holding B, C swam underneath us and tickled B’s toes…when C surfaced B had quite a puzzled look on his face…after a bit, B got the hang of following C as he submerged under the water, which meant the element of surprise has disappeared.

IMG_8413 IMG_8415

C found a higher ledge for B to “Jump” off of…B loved it!

IMG_8455IMG_8443

I have learned that the evening is a fantastic time to swim, it is still hot so your time is very refreshing, but the sun is low enough in the sky that you don’t have to worry about sunscreen…and it totally wipes any kid (and parent) out so you sleep really well.

What a treat!

Thank you Ms. P for allowing us to take you up on your offer, we now have a sweet family memory on account of your invitation!

Please keep on praying for our friend.

Happy Friday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment