Monday, August 9, 2010

Livin’ the Dream

Recently, I was able to enjoy dinner with some of my high school friends. It was fun to sit around the table and hear about everyone’s different lives.

When they asked me what I was up to, I replied “I’m just livin’ the dream”, which I admit, I said a little sarcastically. My sarcastic response stemmed from thinking about a typical day at home where I often find myself vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry, chasing B etc.  I think I uttered the sarcasm because as I sat and listened to what was happening in each of their lives I felt like I was a little boring…

But as I drove home from dinner, I found myself rather humbled as I thought about my response. Sarcasm aside, I realized that I really am living a dream…

I have a God who loves me and continues to show grace and mercy to me and our family on a daily basis.

I have a husband who is my very best friend, who loves me despite my quirks, who cheers me on and who works hard so that I can spend time at home with B.

I have a happy and healthy little boy who keeps me on my toes, keeps us laughing and blesses C and I daily.

We have family’s that love us and encourage us.

We have friends who challenge us and spur us on.

We have a roof over our head and a house to be vacuumed, dusted and cleaned.

We have clothes on our backs that need to be laundered.

The list really goes on and on.

So next time, I am asked “S, how are you? What have you been up to lately?” I am going to try to respond more graciously…because I am so grateful to be living my dream.

IMG_3660             

N, A, C, K, K and C thanks for dinner, I enjoyed seeing you all!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment