Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Makin’ Banana ‘Bread’…

C and I danced to Jack Johnson’s “Better Together” song at our wedding. Our engagement was a rather long one, where we found ourselves in different parts of the country at times…so the song seemed rather fitting.

With that said, I have become a fan of a couple (not very many, I’m not that hip) of Jack Johnson’s songs…one of which is the song “Banana Pancakes”.  I have been known on occasion to sing the song as I am working in the kitchen, folding laundry, riding in the car etc.

One afternoon I very confidently sang “Makin’ banana puddin’ pretend like it’s the weekend, ohh” C looked at me and started to laugh…I really had no idea why he was laughing and asked if it was my voice? He responded by telling me that the song is about banana pancakes NOT banana pudding. So ever since, this song has had significant humorous meaning to me. I find myself humming the song while I make banana bread…I have no idea why, but I do!

B helped me make some banana bread this morning, which meant the song got stuck in my head…so here’s to banana pancakes, pudding and bread…not being afraid to sing out loud…even if you don’t know all they lyrics!!!

IMG_3812

Be blessed.

___________________________________________________

Here is the song…

No comments:

Post a Comment