Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Please Join Me

We were able to make a special middle of the week trip to the bakery with C this morning.  As always the donuts and coffee were fantastic, however my heart is heavy as a result of our trip.

There are two woman who work at the bakery whom we have come to know quite well. They both greet B when we walk in the door and have each of our breakfast orders memorized. 

One of the women has a grandson close to B’s age and another grandbaby on the way.  I always make it my mission to get an update on the little boy and ask how the pregnancy is going…and this morning was no different.

When I asked, big tears swelled in the woman’s eyes as she told me that this past week her daughter and son in law learned that their precious little baby has fluid on its brain and lungs and that it is not developing properly. The doctor’s don’t think that the baby will live much more than a week after he or she is born. The woman told me that she is taking care of her grandson this weekend so that her daughter and son in law can decide if they are going to continue the pregnancy or take other measures.

I can’t begin to imagine what it would be like to be in their shoes, my heart just breaks for them. I don’t know if they know Jesus or not, which makes my heart even heavier. But I do wholeheartedly believe that God had a plan for that little baby that is continuing to grow inside of it’s mother and a plan for the entire situation.

My prayer is for a miracle, that they would decide to carry the baby to term and that God would miraculously heal that precious baby’s body…my prayer is also that the Lord would draw Himself to this family as they walk through this trial, that if they already know Him that their faith might be strengthened and if they don’t that they would come to know Him as a result of this trial.

We have several friends who are expecting little ones right now, and I hesitated to even share this request because I don’t want to instill any fear or concern for their own babies as a result of sharing this story. I pray that the Lord might protect their hearts from any fear and only motivate anyone who reads this to remember how big our God is and how little we are in comparison to His grand plans for our lives. It is such a reminder that we should be constantly lifting our cares and concerns up to Him because He cares for us so greatly (1 Peter 5:6) and remember that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28).

Would you please join me in praying and rallying for this family?

Thank you.

Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. How heartbreaking. I will certainly be praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...will be praying for a miracle for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying. Thanks so much for sharing. It was almost a year ago that God took away our little Benjamin's fluid so I'm praying on the knowledge that our God is the Great Healer!

    ReplyDelete