Monday, August 23, 2010

Our Kitchen Helper

Someone who C works with gave us this stool when his son had outgrown the need for it. Until this weekend, I had been storing it in our bathroom thinking that B would someday use it to reach the sink to brush his teeth and wash his hands…

Yesterday, B started standing on his tip toes and pulling on my legs (all while whining) in effort to see what was going on up on the kitchen counter.  After a couple minutes it dawned on me that maybe he was old enough and tall enough to stand on the stool to watch C and I make dinner.

We tried it and he LOVED it! He stood and watched me cut vegetables…he had his own spoon that he used to help me …it was fantastic…no more leg pulling and no more whining!

I let him smell and touch the different vegetables that I cut (all in effort to get him to try them…still to no avail, but maybe this will help us make some progress). He giggled as I chopped.

IMG_3779

IMG_3782 

He even got in on helping C make his lunch for the week!

This morning, I let B stand at the sink to wash his hands after breakfast…he was quite enamored by the water.

IMG_3785 

To the point that he helped me wash all of our breakfast dishes…

IMG_3786 IMG_3787 IMG_3788

IMG_3789

 IMG_3791

IMG_3793

IMG_3794

A job well done!

I think the stool will be moving to a more permanent location somewhere in our kitchen so B can be a consistent helper in the kitchen!

Happy Monday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment