Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Play-Doh

Last week, as I walked past a basket of play-doh at the store, I couldn’t help but wonder if B might be ready to roll his sleeves up and play with the infamous modeling dough.

I figured, that the .88 cent tube of dough wasn’t too much of a financial risk and placed it in our basket.

Earlier this summer, I set aside some stamps, rolling pins and other play-doh tools that I had packed up from my classroom, in hope that B might one day enjoy them as much the preschoolers at school did.

After purchasing the dough, I got the dough tools out and let B go at it…

He was tentative at first…

IMG_3813 

IMG_3814IMG_3817

But, later seemed rather impressed!

IMG_3815   

He liked pounding on the dough and rolling this zig zag cutter through the smooth and soft surface.

IMG_3821

Later the plastic tub became a toy. In went the tools…

IMG_3823

And out they came as he dumped them onto his “work surface”.

IMG_3825

All in all I would say it was a success and a safe .88 cent investment. He only tried to taste the dough once (which surprised me because we still can’t get him to eat blueberries!)

Getting to introduce B to new experiences is such a treat…I continue to stand in awe of his development and just wonder what wheels must be turning round and round in his little head.

Here’s to the simple joys of childhood!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment