Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekend with Uncle J

We recently had the opportunity to see my brother, J, for a quick weekend trip at one of our favorite places in the whole world.

Here:

IMG_3504 - Copy IMG_3521 - Copy

B showed J how he loves to drive the boat.

IMG_3503 - CopyIMG_3520   

IMG_3510 - Copy

B watched the water splash along the side of the boat.

IMG_3509 - Copy

IMG_3516 - CopyIMG_3506 - Copy

We all enjoyed watching the moon as it crept up from the horizon across the lake.

IMG_3522 - CopyIMG_3523 - Copy 

After it got dark, we enjoyed a campfire.  B ate a graham cracker in his swing as we all roasted marshmallows and made s’mores. 

A little side note…I know that the grass is always greener on the other side and it is easy to romanticize what life might be like if I lived close to family, but still wish that time spent with my family together didn’t have to be spent in little snippets here and there.  However, I will take whatever  little snippets I can get, even if they are a little bitter sweet!

Thank goodness for snippets…especially snippets of time that happen at the lake!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment