Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Poem from a Friend

A friend shared this humbling poem and I thought I might pass it along.  She said that she read the poem as it hung on another family’s refrigerator and now she has the poem hanging on her refrigerator…I think that it may just be affixed on the refrigerator in our neck of the wood too!

The Little One Who Follows Me

Author unknown

“A careful man I ought to be

A little fellow follows me

I dare not to go astray

For fear he'll go the self-same way

Not once can I escape his eyes

Whatever he sees me do he tries

Like me he says he's going to be

That little one who follows me

I must remember as I go

Through summer's sun and winter's snow

I'm molding for the years to be

That little one who follows me.”

It’s pretty humbling to think that B is watching every move we make and listening to every word that we udder. It leaves me wondering…are we being careful and remembering the responsibility that has been entrusted to us? Are we are molding for the future…for our precious little fellow, B, who follows us?

IMG_3108

Happy Wednesday.

Thanks for sharing the poem M, you are such a sweet friend.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment