Thursday, July 1, 2010

Crying Over Spilt Milk...Our Afternoon Milk Mishap

Our goal for our blog is to provide a realistic glimpse into our little family's life...we want to share the joys, the trials and of course the funny stories. So here is one of my funnier stories from B's recent entrance into toddler-hood...

I was pouring B some milk this afternoon and I put the sippy cup, sans lid on the counter and walked away to get an ice cube to put in the cup to help keep it cold before screwing the lid on tight.

B saw the cup, walked up and reached for it...and much to his dismay and my disbelief he dumped it all over himself!

My immediate reaction was laughing to the point of almost tears, while B shed some tears as a result of the initial surprise.

Milk was all over the place...on his head, in his ears, down his shirt, on his shorts, all over his shoes and then all over the kitchen. This led to an impromptu bath in the kitchen sink and a quick cleaning of the kitchen floor and cabinets.

I learned my lesson, I will be more mindful whenever I place anything on the counter.

Oh, I love the simple joys and laughs that motherhood provides...B does a good job of keeping me humble, keeping me on my toes and often keeps in laughing!

Happy Thursday!

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laugh! I love that you see the humor in moments that could be frustrating! But who could be frustrated with dimples like those in the room? ;)

    ReplyDelete