Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Airplanes Watching = Cheap Entertainment

It’s official, B loves airplanes!

We found this parking lot across the street from the airport when my brothers and I were little. We spent many nights sitting on the hood of my parent’s minivan watching different planes land and take off. When I was little, I never understood why my mom and dad loved this activity so much…now, as a mom I do…B was completely captivated and it was totally free!

IMG_3635

It took B a few minutes to figure out where the airplanes were coming from as they landed in one direction and took off in another. After about ten minutes, B started to understand and it was at that point that he started to point, bounce up and down, wave his hands and…I hesitate to give him credit for being able to say “airplane” but he did utter “auh puuh” several times as he watched the huge air machines rush past.

2010 July 056

2010 July 044 2010 July 046 IMG_3629 2010 July 066

I hope that we are able to continue this fun (and inexpensive) tradition.

IMG_3638

I am absolutely terrified of flying and one of my prayers is that our kids wouldn’t pick up on my fear and become fearful themselves. I am so glad that B has developed an early fascination for flying machines, maybe he can help his silly lacking in faith momma become more brave.

And a little side note, I promise my shorts aren’t as neon as they look, I think they were just trying to match the sunset.

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. i totally know what parking lot you are talking about. i used to LOVE that spot!

    ReplyDelete