Wednesday, May 5, 2010

One of Those Days

I humbly admit that today has been one of those days when I just want to throw my hands up in the air and say… “That’s all…I give up!” I know I shouldn’t take this attitude on as a habit, but it is so easy to feel overwhelmed and consumed with feelings of frustration, hurt and inadequacy when we are approached by bumps in life’s road.

I remembering hearing our pastor’s wife say:

“In life we often focus on how to get out of trials, when we do this we miss out on so much, so instead we should ask, what can I get out of this trial?”

She spoke these words during a Bible study lecture  about 1 Peter chapters 3 & 4. The words have really resonated in my heart.  I know that everyone feels like this every once in awhile and I should give myself some grace, but I also need to remember to keep some perspective as well…

”Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance, perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4


&

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

&

”Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:3

&

”In His heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”  Proverbs 16:9

&

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13

&

”And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

Working to keep on keeping on…trying to gain speed for the big hill!

(thanks m & d for the lessons from GT…I never realized that listening to those tapes in the car as a kid would be so relevant to my life as a grownup!)

No comments:

Post a Comment