Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Mother’s Day has definitely taken on a new meaning since last spring, it used to sort of seem like a greeting card-type holiday to me.  A day when I needed to scramble to get the important women in our life cards and gifts (which I enjoyed getting, but didn’t fully appreciate)…

But it really is so much more than that,

I am by no means saying that it is old hat, being that this was only my second mother’s day…but, now that I am a mom, it makes me so much more aware of the gift that my own mom is and the sacrifices she has made in her own life on behalf of our family…it makes me realize that it is nice to have a day where we can celebrate special women who have blessed us and continue to bless us in so many ways.

We were able so spend the special day with some of our family.

IMG_2543IMG_2547IMG_2544 IMG_2545

B waited very patiently for our table to be ready…

(I felt like the Lord blessed the day with cool weather…as a little mother’s day sussy in and of itself, it only got to be about 65 degrees yesterday and that is almost unheard of in may!)

  IMG_2549

We enjoyed a fantastic lunch with some of C’s family…

And later, I enjoyed a special treat myself…one of my dearest college friends, K, was in town for a quick trip. We were able to spend the afternoon together. We sat on the front porch and sipped on some ice tea while we talked and talked and talked some more.  After' B’s nap, we enjoyed a walk and then had dinner with her husband, A, and C.  K has the gift of encouragement, it was so refreshing to spend some quality time with her.

IMG_2555  

All in all it was a sweet day. I went to sleep feeling so blessed and honored to have the title of “mama” for our little B. It really is the sweetest and most challenging role that I have ever had.   I continue to be so humbled that the Lord has blessed us with such a sweet gift, and daily am reminded of the great task that C and I with raising him. I am so grateful for Scripture and for the role models that we have for this task…we aren’t going it alone!

Happy Mother’s Day…to all of the special mom’s in our life!

Thanks for carving out the precious time in your short trip K!

Happy Monday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment