Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Adventure & the End of an Era

B and I were able to sneak one last lunch in with my dad before he headed back north about a week ago…our time was really sweet.

 IMG_2711

B even got to go on a walk through the Botanic Gardens with his Gram and Grandpa, I am not sure who enjoyed it more?

IMG_2717

IMG_2719 IMG_2720

Before C and M’s adventure unfolded, C and I were able to celebrate a quick birthday breakfast at our favorite bakery.  The women who work at the bakery surprised C with a personal-sized pecan pie when they learned that it was his birthday.

IMG_2722

For C’s birthday dinner, I took him to Tillman’s Roadhouse…it was a total treat…and FANTASTIC! (We would highly suggest it!)

Later in the week, after C and M headed off on their Arkansas adventure, B enjoyed some extra time with his Gram before the three of us headed to Kansas City for our own adventure to celebrate my cousin’s baby shower…

IMG_2725

We met my grandma, aunt and cousins from Minnesota in Kansas City…all the girls (and B) were able to come together to celebrate!

IMG_2734 IMG_2736

B and his “cousin” A had fun playing together…the two are just three weeks apart…

IMG_2738

They enjoyed taking a couple walks tandem in the stroller…

IMG_2740

And then helped my cousin’s husband, D, sell items at the neighborhood garage sale…

IMG_2741 IMG_2742

B was quite fascinated by the calculator and masking tape!

D and my uncle B, took care of B and A while all the girls attended the shower.

IMG_2743

This is a photo of all  the girls (plus B) before the Minnesota group headed home…it was a real treat to celebrate baby “L” and her mom with everyone together! (Unfortunately it doesn’t get too happen often).

After making the drive home, we met up with the “boys” and heard all about their big trip…I am continuing to thank the Lord for protecting them as they kayaked!

Before my mom and M headed home, we made one last trip to our favorite ice cream shop…

IMG_2746 IMG_2748 IMG_2749

And then M’s Texas era came to a close…all packed up and ready to head North.  I really am excited for M’s new chapter that is opening, but selfishly am a little sad as I realize that he won’t be living in Texas anymore…it was a great run while it lasted!

IMG_2752

Whew…! What a week! Continuing to be thankful for safe travel to Kansas and Arkansas!

Happy Tuesday!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment