Monday, May 31, 2010

I’m Glad You Asked…

Well since you asked, “C, if you ran to music what would you running list look like?”.  Here is my response.

First, I don’t run to music.  Anymore.  I used to for sure.  Now I run to the audiobook of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  It is like chicken soup for my semi-libertarian soul in this day in age.  However since I run approx. 2.4 times a week and the auidiobook is 70+ hours long it will take me well over a year to finish it.  But I am in it to win it and it is a great book, so there.

Second, I used to run to just a shuffle of the John Mayer/Dave Matthews/Norah Jones/Jack Johnson/Michael Buble/Waterdeep/Sugarland/etc. music that I had on the Nano.  But I deemed that to be gobbltey-goop and right before I decided to go the Atlas Shrugged route I switched to a praise song list that I love.  It eventually turned into a CD for S which we were listening to today which led to this blog post cause I love the music that I chose (how is that for a sentence?).

Here is my praise song list in an approximate order of my like for the song.  I will also include the artist that I chose to download.

Come Thou Font of Every Blessing – Fernando Ortega – I will always believe that is the best song ever written.  This moves my soul more than any other song.  I wish the Brian Kieta Experience would play it every Sunday morning.

How Deep the Father’s Love for Us – Selah – The lyrics of this song are amazing.  Further this version is truly a gem in this collection.

Lead Me to the Cross – Hillsong United – I may be done commenting on these songs because they would be pretty much the same “amazing lyrics, great version, etc.” and I don’t want to dilute the praise I gave for the first two songs because they are my favorites no questions asked.

The Old Rugged Cross – Bart Millard

Amazing Grace – LeAnn Rimes

How Great Thou Art – Carrie Underwood

Hear Me Calling, Great Redeemer – Fernando Ortega

You Are Lovely – Waterdeep

You Are So Good To Me – Waterdeep

‘Tis So Sweet to Trust In Jesus – Casting Crowns

How Great Is Our God – Chris Tomlin

Rocks Won’t Cry – Shane Barnard

Mighty To Save – Laura Story

Desert Song – Hillsong

I Will Not Forget You – Enter the Worship

Hosanna – Hillsong

Indescribable – Laura Story

There you go.  Those are my favorites.  The order of the list is a little wishy-washy, save for the first two.  Those are my stalwarts, they get me every time.  If you have suggestions I would love to hear them, but just to let you know I am partial to hymns and am much more into lyrics than the music.  Good Evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment