Friday, May 21, 2010

Finally Finished!

Last night, I finally finished the book The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child’s Heart for Eternity by, Sally Clarkson. I think that this is the first book that I have read cover to cover since B was born…it only took me three or four months to finish, but I am so grateful for the little bits of time that I was able to have to read through it.

I found the last chapter both challenging and encouraging…

“God designed mothers to partner with him in his eternal work, and he has promised to reward our faith and our faithfulness. The precious children he has placed in our hands are hoping that we will be faithful and endure so that they will have a reason to hope and an example to follow in their own lives….

Each child longs for for a heritage in which he can have pride; a home where he can see the faithfulness of God lived out everyday; a family in which love is constant, forgiveness and graces hold everyone together, and faith and endurance conquer all obstacles. This is the kind of foundation upon which a child can begin to build the fortress of his own life.”

p. 234 The Mission of Motherhood

That (and much more) is what I desire to aim for as C and I continue in this adventure of parenthood…I know that I can’t do it on my own and am so grateful that I have C by my side.  Even more, I am  thankful that C and I have the Lord standing next to us cheering us on as we continue to learn what parenthood is all about.

Happy Friday!

Happy Weekend!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment