Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Good Reminder…

I stumbled upon this on Ann Voskamp’s blog and found my heart convicted and wanted to share…

“You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.

The joy is in having the Beloved, not in loving what we have.”  -Ann Voskamp

In a time when I find myself seeking counterfeit joy through “having”  our home  just right, home improvement projects completed and children compliant, I am humbly reminded that life is not about attaining perfection but rather, life is a  journey of imperfect sorts that can be filled with incredible authentic joy when we allow our Heavenly Father in and place our perfectionistic tendencies by the wayside.

Here is the link to the entire post:

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/09/when-things-get-broken/

Happy Thursday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment