Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Slice of Humble Pie

I will spare the details…but this week has left me ‘put up’ on the couch and in need of help.

For the past several days, I have had to ask for and receive help to simply keep the ‘status quo’ of life with two little ones semi-on track. 

I have always struggled to ask for help, I think because I feel like it identifies ‘weakness’ and reveals my inability to juggle everything there is to juggle in our life…but know this is an area for growth and am grateful (on this side of things) to have had the opportunity to be stretched.

C has graciously gone above and beyond by taking on the role of Mr. Mom and Dad, Gram and Grandpa have helped ‘entertain’ our little ones while I have gained some much needed rest on the couch, sweet neighbors have provided meals and even come to sit with our little ones during trips to the doctor…and Gigi and Papa have stepped in from Texas with offers to help with meals and prayers.

Now that it seems that we are over this little ‘hiccup’ and ‘bump’ I thought I might share a few glimpses of B enjoying fruit from my asking for help.  Yes, an aspect of this lesson for my heart…OUR LITTLE ONES GAIN FRUIT FROM MY ASKING FOR HELP…when I ask for help it often helps me love C, B and A better, it models the need to ask/accept help, it models the gift that help from others provides, allows others to bestow love/help in ways I might not be able to and provides others with the chance to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Grandpa needed to pick something up downtown, he thought B might enjoy riding the train with him downtown…HE LOVED IT!

IMG_8608IMG_8605IMG_8607

Even though I was cooped up on the couch…our biggest nugget got to finally get outside and enjoy some much welcomed snow!!! He would live outside if we let him…seriously.

IMG_8609

IMG_8610

Even Bay helped keep our littlest nugget company…it helped that A enjoys Cheerios as little midday snacks!

IMG_8600

Thank you for all the help…I am so grateful and humbled beyond belief.

Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were 'down and out' this week. So glad to hear you are better.
    Sounds like you have a great support system behind you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've been feeling bad! Good for you for reaching out though--you're right, everyone wins when we do. Wish I could be there to lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete