Friday, February 10, 2012

Quite Possibly…

My proudest Momma moment yet! And it didn’t have anything to do with me.

The other night, B and I were laying on his bed reading stories and snuggling before bedtime. He chose the stories, I read.

Then when we were done reading, I asked him if he wanted to pray.  In the past he would say, “No, Mommy you pray” or “Daddy you can pray”.  But this particular night he said “Okay” and began to pray.

I found myself crying tears of joy into his pillow as I listened to…

“Dear God, thank you for my room, thank you for my bed, for A, for mommy, daddy, for the moon, for my fan, for Ella. Amen” 

So honest, so earnest, so pure, so sweet.

Oh, may this only be the beginning of his child-like faith and may he be drawn to truth as he learns about and talks with his Great Heavenly Father.

Be blessed.

1 comment: