Monday, February 20, 2012

Did You Know…

That  “there are only 940 Saturdays between a child’s birth and their leaving for college”…yep, that’s what my issue of Parent’s Magazine says (p. 78)!!!!!!!

Seriously!?!?!!?  Oh, how I wish there was a pause button. There are so many lessons I want to teach, memories I want to make, books I want to read, experiences I want to have, traditions I want to enjoy.

With that said, both C and I feel challenged in regard to being intentional…trying to be more purpose-filled and proactive in regard to our  time, marriage,  kiddos,  families, friends, projects around the house etc. etc.

We both admit that we have a long ways to go, but know we have to start somewhere.

I recently stumbled upon this (with the help of my new good friend Pinterest)

http://www.somewhatsimple.com/summer-schedule-for-kids/

And with intentionality being on the forefront of my mind thought, ‘Why wait for summer?

So the kiddos and I are going to try to implement a new ‘game plan’ each week…

 Make something/make a Mess Mondays

Time to read Tuesdays

What’s cooking/baking Wednesdays

Be thoughtful Thursdays

Somewhere/something fun Fridays

In effort to hold myself accountable (to being more intentional and trying various ideas I see and read) I will try to provide little snap shots of things we try, read, taste and enjoy.

Since today is Monday…I thought I’d provide a little glimpse of a mess that B and I made during little A’s morning nap…

I found this idea and used playdoh, Cheerios and pasta that we already had in the pantry.  B’s interest peaked about the time that his tummy started to growl for lunch…at which he asked “Can I eat the Cheerios?”

IMG_4859

IMG_4856IMG_4858IMG_4853

IMG_4860

Little A woke up about half way through our mess making. She enjoyed participating by making her own little mess that Ella graciously cleaned up for her.

IMG_4863

IMG_4865

Be blessed….from our messy neck of the wood!

Happy Monday

1 comment:

  1. Love this "mess" idea. I think we may be giving it a try when A wakes up from his afternoon nap!
    -Jessica Matz

    ReplyDelete