Friday, February 24, 2012

Family Breakfasts

Just before Thanksgiving, we instituted Thursday morning family breakfasts. We thought it would provide a nice little ‘pick-me-up’ at the end of each week.  We felt like now (when kiddos are little) is as good a time as ever to start scheduling sweet untouchable family time as life will undoubtedly get more chaotic and busy as our little family grows up.

Pinterest has provided some fun and out of the ordinary breakfast ideas/recipes…some have been ‘hits’ and others ‘misses’…I thought I would share some of the ‘hits’ as maybe your family might be able to enjoy some of the tasty treats too.

This week we tried this…

http://www.marthastewart.com/330179/bacon-egg-and-toast-cups?&backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/mothers-day-brunch-recipes

As you can see, mine didn’t look as pretty (I think it might be because I used turkey bacon…and because I’m not Martha Stewart)…

IMG_8636

But B and C graciously tried the breakfast treat…

IMG_8637

C liked it…B, well not so much. I think next time I will scramble the eggs before pouring them in…B wasn’t quite sure he likes the yellow yoke part of the egg.

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! Here's to sweet Thursday mornings with family.

    ReplyDelete