Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinterest

I don’t often jump on technology band wagons. I haven’t gotten much into facebook. I don’t carry an iphone.  I have no idea what twitter is/does.  I pretty much only use our computer to download photos, email and blog.

So it was with initial hesitation that I even began exploring the world of pinterest. Friends raved about it, but I hesitated because I knew I didn’t need another ‘time waster’ or distraction.

Then someone mentioned pinterest being like a free magazine of ideas that never ends…something you can pick up when you have time and glance at. Something that can help you sort random things you wished you could remember like how to get your bathroom tile sparkling or fun toddler activities that don’t cost hardly anything.

So I sent a request for an invitation…and upon accepting realized that it is quite simply fantastic! Yes, it can be a huge time waster…and is something I feel like I need to ‘limit’ myself to, as I could spend hours looking at other peoples’ fun, pretty, functional, organized, crafty, tasty, creative ideas etc. ideas. But with moderation, I have found myself quite enthralled (and impressed) by what others are able to think up.

C challenged me to try some of the things that caught my eye, to make it a little more productive…so in true pinterest fashion, I created a ‘board’ of  “things I’ve tried”…and this activity is one I recently ‘pinned’ to that board.

IMG_8552

IMG_8553IMG_8554IMG_8555

To my surprise and B’s delight, the crayons actually turned out…but even more, B and I enjoyed time together in a fun out-of-the-ordinary way.

Thank you pinterest!

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog.
    Great photos. I love pinterest now too (a friend got me hooked!)

    ReplyDelete