Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trial Run

I will be honest, I follow a couple of blogs (I justify it as my source of naptime entertainment)…one of my favorites is www.flythroughourwindow.com.

A few months ago, one post was totally devoted to this mom’s liking of her “Perfect Brownie Pan”.  She talked about using it to make brownies and other treats for her small group which left me quite intrigued, I’ll admit, I watched a couple utube videos about it. I mentioned the pan to C and he pretty much laughed it off, or I thought he did…

UNTIL…

I unwrapped my birthday gift and discovered by very own “Perfect Brownie Pan”! C really did a good job of listening and then locking the gift idea away.

So today, B joined me in the kitchen and the two of us took the pan for a little test run, to see if it was all that was cracked up to be?

 IMG_2819 IMG_2820      

B made sure I read the instructions…

IMG_2821

We talked about the ingredients as I took them each out of the pantry and refrigerator…

IMG_2823 IMG_2824

B helped me pour the water and oil into the mixing bowl…

IMG_2827

B was quite fascinated by the “all natural” chocolate mix…

IMG_2828

He stirred…

IMG_2830

Watched the batter get poured…

IMG_2834

And even tried to sneak a taste of some of the batter (though I was faster and wiped it off his little hand before he got a taste).

IMG_2833  IMG_2835

Afterwards, he helped me wash the bowl, measuring cup and spatula…

IMG_2841

IMG_2842

He even helped dry!

IMG_2844

In the brownies went…

In effort to make time pass as the brownies baked and cooled, B found some fun outdoor entertainment…

IMG_2846

After B’s fingers and toes turned into raisins we came inside to see if the brownies were cool enough to taste?

IMG_2848

IMG_2849

IMG_2851

It was like magic…

IMG_2855

And they tasted good too!

IMG_2857

B took my lead and agreed that milk is the perfect pairing for an afternoon brownie!

All in all, I am pretty impressed by my gift…a little silly, maybe…BUT, in all honesty I really am looking forward to using it to make treats for our small group and for other visitors who may make their way over to our neck of the wood.

Happy Tuesday!

Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this cute post so much! And I love that brownie pan--the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this brownie pan on TV. It looks awesome. How wonderful to get a gift that you wanted, but never thought you'd receive.

    I have to admit, I do want to try some of those brownies now!

    ReplyDelete