Friday, June 18, 2010

A Fact of Life

There are definitely benefits of choosing to live in a home that is almost 90 years old, there is charm and there are details that newer homes don’t have…BUT there can be downsides too…

Our sweet little house seems to have little dust factories in every room, though I have not seen the factories I am convinced they exist…maybe under the baseboards or somewhere! I think the factories work overtime at night, because each morning I find myself amazed by the little dust bunnies floating on the floor almost asking to be picked up by the vacuum. I am sure that having a big dog doesn’t help the situation either.

All this to say, B has become quite accustomed to my almost daily routine of vacuuming. He has started to follow me around the house with the help of his walker. Our vacuuming routine reminds me of  little kids who follow a parent mowing the lawn pushing a  toy lawnmower.

I felt the need to capture a photo of  my vacuum helper this morning, in effort to provide a daily glimpse of our life…no, it is not glamorous by any means, but in all honesty, it is a good reminder for me.  This morning, I am convicted to look at mundane tasks in my daily routine with more joy because in all honesty, I don’t think I could trade it for anything!

IMG_2862

Happy Friday!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment