Monday, June 28, 2010

The End of an Era

It’s official, this morning B was my encourager and helper as I packed up my humble little office, turned in my keys and drove away from my first real job . 

Deciding to resign, has been one of the biggest and most difficult decisions that I have been faced with to date. My friends at school have really been a family to me as they have walked alongside me and watched C propose, C and I get married and cheered me on into motherhood. 

I am so grateful for the opportunities  my first real job provided…it is pretty special to have the privilege to teach in a place where you can talk about Jesus and be surrounded by fellow believers.

Not to mention special to…

-dance with a disco ball each afternoon

-be known as the crazy teacher that sings and dances

-be able to ham it up in effort to gain the respect/liking of little ones

-make things with pasta, paint and glitter

-read some of my favorite childhood stories

-come home with paint and other evidence of a day’s work on my clothes

-have kangaroo & mouse puppet friends

-get hugs from precious little ones

-hear my name yelled at the end of a long school hallway with a kid at the other end smiling and waving

-be be famous for being “Ella Dog’s” owner

The list really could go on and on…

I know that this was the best decision for our family and I have such peace about it, but I am also anxious to see what the Lord has planned for the next chapter in our family’s life…He has been so gracious to us thus far and we trust that His grace and provision will only continue. Thank goodness we are not in control and that He is.

Happy Monday.

Be blessed.

IMG_9285

(This photo was taken the day C brought the famous  “Ella Dog”  to visit my class at school…I am sure the rest of the teachers thought that I was crazy…but the kids loved it!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for your next step... and for B's first steps!

    ReplyDelete