Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Knight(s) in Shining Armor

I alluded to C celebrating my birthday in my recent brownie pan post, but feel like I need to give him a little more credit, let me explain.

Over the past few years, C has realized what a gift it is for me to have my birthday be celebrated. I by no means want or expect a singing telegram, airplane banner or fireworks but do feel so honored with a  little bit of celebrating because having a birthday in the middle of summer can be easily forgotten or overlooked.

With all that said, my birthday this year was quite fantastic. I woke up to the two boys in my life singing a sweet (and low) rendition of the Happy Birthday song …

Then I got to go to church (which we had been absent from for 5 weeks due to traveling/family events).

After church, C & B took me out for lunch to one of my favorite Cowtown spots, Central Market. We enjoyed a low key lunch and then perused the aisles of the store to pick up some groceries for the week (another birthday treat because the fruit and veggies are exceptional at Central Market –but a little pricey).

Later, B went down for a nap and C surprised me with a gift certificate for a massage as my gift from B. C said that B had thought that I might enjoy/need that after the escapades of all of our emergency room trips in Colorado.  Words can’t describe how incredible the massage was…though I am still a little sore. The masseuse noticed that the right side of my neck and back was tight….hmmmm, do you think that might be from carrying a 27 pound friend on my hip? No, he still isn’t walking!!!

Later, some friends (who I think are really angels in disguise) offered to take care of B so that C and I could go to dinner. It was a treat to sit and talk and not worry about tending to B and his needs. We caped off the evening with my favorite cake which is Black Forest Cake from the Swiss Pastry Shop….if you haven’t tried this cake you need to add it to your bucket list whenever you find yourself in Cowtown, it is DELECTABLE!

I thought my birthday was quite complete with the massage and brownie pan…BUT later in the week the Post Man delivered a nondescript brown box…C encouraged me to open it and much to my surprise and awe I found KEURIG COFFEE MAKER!!! Again, let me explain….

Recently, our coffee maker, that we received as a wedding  gift, decided that it wanted to dispense the brewed coffee onto the kitchen counter as opposed to the coffee maker’s pot. After trying to resolve the mess of a problem, we came to the conclusion that the maker had seen happier days…which meant no more morning coffee at the house.  This left me working to find ways to justify stopping at Starbucks and even McDonalds for a good cup of joe…UNTIL NOW!

IMG_1595 

IMG_1610

B helped me unpack my surprise gift…and yes, as soon as it came out of the box, it found a new permanent  home on our kitchen counter!

To make it even more special, C ordered Caribou Coffee pods for the maker…Cowtown is very unfortunate to not have this splendid coffee house to enjoy, BUT now I can enjoy it in our neck of the wood, even though I am not in Minnesota, all because of C’s thoughtfulness.

So if you ever find yourself in our neck of the wood, please stop in to enjoy some of our house blend coffee…I (of course humbly) believe that it is the best in town!

I feel so honored and celebrated…both of my knights…especially the older one whisked in and made my birthday (and mornings) so special and I am so grateful!

Happy Thursday!

Be blessed.

2 comments:

  1. This is precious! Aren't you loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a birthday! It sounds like a great celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete