Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Weekend…

Last weekend was one of the busiest weekends that we have experienced since B was born…as of a week ago, we didn’t think that we really had anything going on…by about Wednesday of last week, we realized that that prediction was way off!

C was thoughtful and got me these flowers in anticipation for me to be on my own with B and for the busy weekend. The flowers acted as my little cheerleaders sitting on the kitchen counter as the busy weekend progressed. (They smell amazing and still look beautiful)

Let me paint a picture of the weekend…

IMG_1215 

On Thursday, C worked late in effort to get ahead on a little work before the weekend began…

On Friday, around 4:00pm C realized that his work was under control and that  he was going to be able to go out of town on a retreat with some people from our church…

On Friday, at about 5:30pm C got home from work, changed and B and I dropped him off at church for the retreat.  B and I enjoyed a quiet night at home…I gave him a bath, put him to bed and then went to bed myself by 8:00pm!

On Saturday morning, B was my alarm clock…after waking up we hit the road for a quick run…

IMG_1197

After the run, we got ready for a friend’s second birthday party. The party was really fun. I left thinking about how grateful I am to typically be able to share “B duty” when we go to things like this, it makes it much easier to eat and talk with other people!

We got home from the party, B took a nap, while I cleaned the house I was reminded again of how grateful I am  for C’s usual bathroom cleaning duty…it was a little bit of a rude awaking to take his duty on!

Later we headed to the zoo because this was the first day we had seen the sun in several days…both B and I were tired of being cooped up and were ready for some good outside time!IMG_1202

While at the zoo we tried to feed the birds again…a little challenging when you are holding a baby and trying to hold the stick with birdseed…another reminder of how grateful I am for C!

Later we discovered the bright orange & pink flamingoes right before we left…B loved watching them move and flap their wings, at one point he tried to touch one (all while babbling to them of course)!

IMG_1207

After saying goodbye to the flamingoes we headed home so B could enjoy a good afternoon nap…to B’s (and really mine too) dismay he wanted nothing to do with the nap, he cooed, babbled, cried, cooed, babbled and cried on and off for about an hour and a half…I called nap time quits and decided to attempt grocery shopping by myself with B….this was the biggest reminder of how grateful I am for C’s help, we experienced…

the LONGEST GROCERY TRIP EVER!!!! Well, not really…but it was tricky trying to keep B occupied and happy while I read my list and tried to put the items on my list in our cart.

After grocery shopping, I put B in his high chair to help me put the groceries away (he was my little cheerleader, along with the flowers), otherwise he would have been crawling into the refrigerator and pulling items out to his heart’s content!  I finished putting  the groceries away, made B’s dinner, fed him and gave him a bath all in time to get a phone call from C that he was ready to be picked up…FINALLY!

We picked C up around 8:00pm and all three of us were in bed and in dream land by 9:00pm…the entire day made me so grateful for C and the help that he provides each weekend!

On Sunday, we headed to church…from there we parted ways, C took B to have birthday lunch with our precious mimi, while I went to school to proctor a test…throughout the afternoon, there was a chance that C may be called into work…thank goodness that didn’t happen…rare is it that either of us have to work on the weekend, what are the chances that both of us might  have had to have worked on the same weekend?!?

On Sunday, by 5:00pm, when the Super Bowl was starting, all three of us were totally exhausted…C enjoyed the game (well at least until the 4th quarter), I enjoyed the commercials (though I didn’t have an all time favorite this year)…and B seemed glad to be back together just the three of us (hence the smile in this photo)!

IMG_1211

We all three slept well on Sunday night…the entire weekend was fun, though busy and exhausting…it really made me grateful for my helpmate and for the family time that we typically are able to have together on the weekends…as of right now, next weekend looks pretty low key…thank goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment