Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Blog Stalking Mom & Her Little Cowboy

I have a confession…

I really enjoy reading other people’s blogs…I love scrolling through photos and really enjoy getting a glimpse other peoples’ lives.  Why I am so intrigued and captivated, I don’t know…but a dear friend of mine just introduced me to this blog and I feel like I need to share it…

http://www.flythroughourwindow.com/

I know this mom is a normal woman, just like me…but her words are so encouraging and it is so neat to see her faith evident in her job as being a mom…not to mention, she has some incredible talent!

What caught my attention most was the banner across the top of her blog that reads…

“The fundamental mission of motherhood now is the same as it always was: to nurture, protect, and instruct children, to create a home environment that enables them to learn and grow, to help them develop a heart for God and his purposes, and to send them out into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully.”

Sally Clarkson from the Mission of Motherhood

 

I just want to say…  “I SO AGREE!”

I so desire for B to “develop a heart for God and His purposes and want to send him into the world prepared to live both fully and meaningfully!”

I feel like this is a good reminder of  part of my life’s purpose right now…it can be a very humbling place to be, but really I don’t desire to be anywhere else, I have been made for this job, I love it and I am so grateful for it!

Speaking of being grateful…how could I not be grateful for this little cowboy?   B’s outfit is sort of a west meets the north with a little bit of puppy dog mixed in.

 IMG_1472

p.s.

Happy Birthday M! We hope you have a special day celebrating your first year of life with your family! We love you all the way from Texas!

IMG_0894

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, you were created by God for this job, and He has powerfully equiped you for your mission. As you love and serve your family, you bring glory and honor to God. You are doing a fantastic job. I'm certain you are making God's heart happy! Love your little cowboy!!!

    ReplyDelete