Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lessons to Glean from Pancakes

The teacher in me felt compelled to celebrate National Pancake Day, no we didn’t read any stories about pancakes or do any silly experiments with them but…

I convinced C that it was a good idea to have breakfast for dinner and we headed to IHOP to take advantage of free short stacks (three pancakes).  This was my first outing to IHOP in several years…but definitely the most memorable, let me explain…

B has really been struggling with the transition from a bottle to a sippy cup and with being fed by a spoon to feeding himself…I have been trying not to worry about it, but will be honest and admit that I have had visions of B still eating puréed fruits and veggies in high school! Last night as I was going to sleep, I realized that I hadn’t given this “concern” over to the Lord and I prayed for B’s transition….GOD IS SO GOOD…as of this afternoon, B drank FROM A SIPPY CUP and then tonight totally surprised us by not just trying….but really ENGULFING A PANCAKE!

We were able to capture the culinary milestone with some pretty funny photos…am I proud that his first real finger food experience was eating an IHOP pancake…well, my pride says no, but really deep down my heart says …YES!!!!! 

Here is a glimpse of our meal…

IMG_1481 IMG_1484 IMG_1488 IMG_1490 IMG_1491 IMG_1494 IMG_1505 IMG_1502

Lessons to glean from pancakes:

1. God is in control

2.  B will do things in his time and I really shouldn’t compare him with others!

IMG_1514

…and here is evidence of success with the sippy cup!

1 comment:

  1. I can only hope that we're lucky enough to have a kid whose first finger food is pancakes!

    ReplyDelete