Monday, May 14, 2012

Homemade Crane

When I was in second grade, my dad taught me all about pulleys for a science fair project. I can remember him calling me a ‘Pulley Expert’ and believing it whole-heartedly.

With-that-said, last week we found ourselves watching a real crane (from the comfort of the car). B was completely enthralled by cables and wheels making the load (as he called it) go up and down from the parking lot where we were parked to the top of a building’s roof.

Watching the little wheels spin inside of his head gave me an idea.  I called on my past ‘expert’ pulley skills and created a B-size crane to play with in the sandbox.

I am sure the neighbors were talking as they saw me up in our tree on a ladder holding ropes and the bright colored buckets…oh, the things I find myself doing for these precious little nuggets!

The rope and pulleys proved to be quite an investment as our little engineer minded three year old explored  and compared his work to that of the crane operator's at the parking lot.

IMG_6874

IMG_6872

IMG_6870

IMG_6867

IMG_6866

IMG_6863

IMG_6858IMG_6851

IMG_6850

IMG_6848

IMG_9467

Little A simply took it all in from the comfort of her high chair while enjoying none other than one of her favorites.

IMG_6847

Happy Working.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment