Monday, March 5, 2012

Thank You…Pinterest!

I was recently invited to a Pinterest Night…i.e. craft night. To my heart’s delight the night included some of my favorite things…dessert, company of other mom’s in my life stage and peace and quiet. To each of our surprise, we crafted/talked until close to midnight…seeing that time is a rarity in my life, but totally worth every minute of sleep lost.

The plan was to bring various projects that had caught our eye on none other than pinterest. We simply sat around a kitchen table, enjoying tasty pinterest recipes that had been made and chatted as if we were old ladies collaboratively working on a quilt or in a knitting club.

One of the recipes was delicious chocolate chip cookies…I will be honest, they were delicious. I tried my hand at the recipe and it was as easy as the blog describes them. This will undoubtedly be my new ‘go-to’ recipe when it comes to making an easy dessert (I think the secret is in the corn starch).

I worked on this project…thinking it would be a fun way to remember where our little family has traveled together…(it is still in the works, but I hope to have photos of the finished product soon). My plan is to hang it on the wall and sew/glue buttons onto the places that we visit.

IMG_8722

Some of the women worked on this project.

I was so impressed that later I made one for a special someone’s birthday (wink wink).  I can’t post a photo because I don’t want to totally ruin the surprise…but it actually turned out, which I am quite excited about.

Another project created was this t-shirt scarf/necklace

Which again, I later made…only this time I’ll be honest, I made it for myself (I totally copied my friend down to the color of the t-shirt and the multi-colored ‘pom pom’)…I am hoping that she thinks that imitation is the best form of flattery Smile.

IMG_8756

It has been awhile since I’ve rolled up my sleeves and tried my hand at creativity. It really is therapeutic and fun to see fruit from simple projects.

Happy crafting.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment