Monday, January 3, 2011

Minnesotahhhh….

B and I were able to sneak up to Minnesota between Christmas and New Years while C enjoyed an adventure of his own (I am sure he will post about his little New Years treat).

I relish whatever time I can get “Up North” in the winter…it is always such a treat to get a winter/snow fix…and even more fun now that I get to experience it through B’s little eyes.

Below are several photos from our trip (in chronological order)…

B loves taking bath’s in his Gram and Grandpa’s bathtub…this was how he started out his trip!

2010 December 031

After bath time, B and Gatsby dog enjoyed good bedtime story.

2010 December 035 - Copy

I’ll admit, I enjoyed the story too!

2010 December 042 - Copy

We were able to sneak up to the cabin before the New Year…B was a little unsure of walking in the snow…

2010 December 072

But seemed to have his Gram and Grandpa wrapped around his finger as they carried him through the cold white stuff.

2010 December 067 - Copy

These bee pajamas were a Christmas gift…and something cozy to wear after playing outside.

2011 January 060

One day, we headed to the Mall of America to play because the temperature outside was pretty cold.

B enjoyed playing at Lego Land…

2011 January 004 - Copy

But enjoyed riding rides with his Grandpa even more!  Unfortunately, I had to be a spectator…they didn’t allow pregnant mommas on any of the rides.

My mom and I enjoyed capturing all the fun with the camera!

2011 January 010 - Copy

We have a very similar photo of my dad taking me on the Dumbo ride at Disney World…

2011 January 029 - Copy

B chose this rabbit to ride on the carousal…

2011 January 031 - Copy

And of course found a train to ride!

2011 January 043

2011 January 047

The morning of rides wiped B out…this is how he looked at the end of our trip.

2011 January 049

Later in our visit, we took B bowling. I was sure that he would get a kick out of rolling a ball down the long narrow lane…I WAS WRONG!!!

He strongly disliked the thought of bowling…check out the skepticism in his little face...

2011 January 027

He looked pretty cute, despite his disdain!

2011 January 028

And later slowly warmed up to the idea…

2011 January 038

2011 January 030

2011 January 032

2011 January 037

The lane bumpers and ramp allowed B to have the highest score of the group.

2011 January 035

2011 January 034

On New Years day, we enjoyed breakfast with B’s great Minnesota Mimi and Grandpa…B showed them his love for trains.

2011 January 002

Later in the day, we watched the Rose Parade…

2011 January 007

When B saw the TCU emblem on TCU’s float he started bouncing up and down, pointed to the TV and said “TEESEEEU! TEEESEEEU!” It was hysterical!

2011 January 009

Just imagine him saying “TEEESEEU!” in this photo…

2011 January 010

Both B and I enjoyed watching the parade…I’ll admit, I was wishing that I was there to represent my favorite team.

2011 January 014

Later in the day, my parents and I enjoyed hosting a Rose Bowl party.  We invited several family members over to watch the game…some of whom graduated from the University of Wisconsin…I never would have thought that my cousin M’s alma-mater and my alma-mater would ever be playing each other in football,though neither of us are die-hard fans,  it was fun to watch the game together.

This is M & I (both pregnant) supporting our different teams…

2011 January 020

This was the littlest Badger and littlest Frog in attendance at our party.

2011 January 021

After watching the Frogs win!!! B enjoyed another bedtime story…

2011 January 025

Just before we headed home, we headed out to the local ski area where my mom’s dream of taking her grandchild skiing came true!

Yes, it’s true…little B at all of 22 months tried his hand at skiing.

I was impressed by how willing he was to wear the miniature ski boots…

2011 January 002

2011 January 003

He didn’t like not being able to walk on his own, but seemed to like being carried by my mom. I wish I could have skied myself, but had to show restraint with my growing belly.

2011 January 007

2011 January 011

2011 January 018

2011 January 023

2011 January 053

The outing turned out quite well, B and his Gram had the entire bunny hill to themselves.

2011 January 0642011 January 162

Initially we heard some tears…but by the end we heard giggles as our little snow bunny made his way down the hill. The duo made 6 runs in total…it was a short outing, but fun none-the-less!

2011 January 166

We were sure to enjoy some hot chocolate in the chalet when we were done (B enjoyed some chocolate milk). 

2011 January 1682011 January 175

B liked watching the other skiers and snowboarders come down the hill from the warmth of the chalet.

2011 January 170

2011 January 173

Our little guy looked so cute in his snow pants, hat, mittens and coat…he even had his own lift ticket!

2011 January 179

2011 January 180

Before heading back to Texas, we said some good byes to B’s great Grandma & Grandpa…B (and my mom) showed off photos from their big ski trip.

2011 January 1902011 January 194

And were sure to enjoy a group “Bear Hug” before we left.

2011 January 198

It was such a treat to be able to spend some time with Minnesota family and friends and crazy to think that this was my last visit with just one little one in tow!

Unwinding from a trip like this is always a challenge…in that I leave wishing that I could experience living in Minnesota and Texas at the same time. 

But regardless of the challenge, I  treasure whatever time in Minnesota I can get and obviously always look forward to getting back to the life that God has blessed us with in our neck of the wood, where C, B and I get to be our own little family.

Happy New Year!

Be blessed.

1 comment: