Monday, April 30, 2012

Prayer for Momma Hearts

While working through this week’s BSF study, I read these verses…

1 Peter 4:8-11

“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength that God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.”

As I read, my heart found encouragement from these five verses…I know they weren’t intentionally written for Mommas of little ones hearts…but sifting through the words made me feel like each was penned for where my heart is at right now…in the thick of trying to love and serve others (our kiddos) well and in a God honoring way.

Heavenly Father,

Help me to love my husband, our kiddos…this precious family that you have provided deeply.

Help me to offer daily hospitality to my family without grumbling…despite the messes, the accidents, the laundry, the dirt, etc. etc.

Help me to discover what gifts you have given me…help me to use them.

Help me when I speak to use YOUR Words…for Scripture to be on the tip of my tongue (and heart)…help me remember that this is made possible through reading and learning YOUR Words daily…protect my tongue from sudden outbursts of frustration or despair that hinder love and joy.

Help me when I serve…remind me that You provide the strength…it doesn’t come from my own resolve…You sustain.  Help my heart to see my service as an act of stewarding Your grace.

Help me to trust and praise you in all things…despite the chaos or monotony that may unfold throughout each day.

Thank You for Jesus…and for making Scripture come alive.

Amen 

Be blessed.

1 comment: