Wednesday, April 11, 2012

S’mores

I am not typically a ‘competitive’ person…C can attest to the few times he’s tried to play board games with me, I lose interest faster than an a typical toddler and would rather let my opponents win to get a game completed than actually play ‘whole heartedly’.

I have learned of one little loop hole in my lack of competitiveness…and that is with MOPS treats.

Let me explain, each meeting a group of women bring treats to share with our entire MOPS group. The treats are always delicious and leave me wondering how these moms of preschoolers are able to get their act together to prepare such cleaver, delicious and unique treats. 

The past two chances that I have had to bring treats, I’ve brought muffins…made from store bought mixes and nothing to write home about…so much that BOTH times hardly ANY of the muffins that I have brought have been touched. I’ll admit,  seeing something you’ve made not be touched can affect your pride…well not seriously, but to be honest…sort of.

So, when I learned that I had yet another chance to provide a snack and ‘prove’ myself one last time for the year, the competitive side of me decided to take another route…out with the muffins and in with some s’more treats. (thanks to a pinterest).

I’ll admit, the aesthetic appeal leaves one less than impressed…but maybe, just maybe they’ll be eaten and enjoyed!

IMG_9262

Be blessed…and enjoy this fun new recipe!

1 comment: