Monday, August 8, 2011

Latest Read

Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

I recently posted this article…

http://ourneckofthewood.blogspot.com/2011/07/convicted.html

After reading the article, I read Rachel’s book Loving the Little Years  and found my heart both convicted and encouraged all at the same time. I rarely find a book that I can’t put down and hardly ever stay up to read, yet found myself reading way past my typical bedtime…I laughed, cried and agreed with a lot that Rachel had to say.

I would highly recommend it!

In my opinion, loving the little ones that God has entrusted to us is one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs this side of Heaven.  It’s so refreshing to know that other moms are out there feeling the same feelings that I am…tripping over legos and matchbox cars, changing countless messy diapers…trying to selflessly display God’s love despite messy houses, snotty noses and other distractions that can easily feel overwhelming.  I have a long ways to go, but books like this provide ample reminders of the joy and the gift  in the  journey of motherhood.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment