Sunday, August 28, 2011

Backseat Buddy

B is a great companion on the many errands we find ourselves on these days. He typically sits in his seat and watches the world go by outside his car window while playing with some type of car, truck, book etc.

Recently, our little guy started requesting songs as he rides, the two songs most commonly requested are “Mommy’s Song” and “Daddy’s Song” (both are on a playlist that play over and over through the car’s speakers-as I don’t very often get tired of songs).  It’s true…they are both some of our favorite songs…and neither C or I complain when we are asked to play them!

The other day, B surprised me and started singing another song on the playlist. As we were stopped at a stop light, I noticed him singing along to “How Great Thou Art”…seriously!!! It almost brought tears to my eyes and humbly reminded me that he soaks up every little thing he sees and HEARS. 

IMG_6590

I couldn’t be more grateful for my backseat buddy and more willing to turn up the music and sing out loud as we drive around town and worship our Heavenly Father!

Happy Sunday.

Be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Look at B. I will miss seeing his smiling face at school this year. Hope you all are well. Sonia

    ReplyDelete