Wednesday, August 31, 2011

“Coincidence”?!

I think not!

I love how God uses others to sometimes grab hold of my attention…

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/08/when-perfectionism-and-to-do-lists-are-overwhelming/

Just today, poor C got a phone call from me, his pitiful & tearful wife, about how messy our house is…about how ready I am to feel settled and have projects completed, etc.

I am often infected by the the “perfection bug” (and it really is a nasty infection to have)…wanting so badly for our new home to be just right, to have all the boxes unpacked, projects tackled (or at least planned out), laundry done, ironing completed, delicious dinners (not store bought) made, etc. etc. etc. 

I think I justify my desire to have things just right by telling myself that it’s for the kids’ sake…they deserve to live in a neat house with as much order and consistency as possible…well, yes, that is true to an extent…but really a lot of that thinking is coming from my own selfish desire to have control and gain pride through my own thoughts and other's comments and compliments.

I love the challenge of looking for praise through the clutter, the messes, the boxes and the haphazardly put together meals…

Praise God for the home He provided…praise God for my family who lives within the walls of our home…praise God for the messes and the two year old who creates them…praise God for spit up and the health of our baby…praise God for things that even require unpacking…praise God for full tummies….. the list goes on!

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment