Thursday, August 25, 2011

Idea

Last winter I walked through the Bachman’s idea house

They had attached an antique measuring tape to the wall to record kids’ growth.  I filed the idea away in my head hoping that I might be able to use it someday. I have many things like this in my “mental file” that rarely come to fruition…and was thrilled to finally be able to take and idea and make it come to life.

Earlier this spring, while walking through Pottery Barn (I was waiting on mechanics to change the oil in our car) I stumbled upon a new-old looking folding tape measure.  My memory was jogged about the idea so I purchased the tape hoping I would soon have a place to record B’s height.

While unpacking, I found the tape…and last night finally hung it!

Tonight is slated to be our family's inaugural measurement…one of hopefully many as we watch our precious kiddos grow!

meausre tape

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment