Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Something I’ve Been Mulling Over…

Since B was born, I have enjoyed the opportunity of attending a large group weekly Bible study at our church.

This spring’s lessons have been about the book of Isaiah.  I have found myself humbled many times throughout reading Isaiah as the book is quite “meaty”. I often find myself needing to re-read passages to try to adequately understand what I am reading.

I never knew that…

-The book of Isaiah has 66 chapters…this mirrors the the number of books in the entire Bible itself…66.

-The first half of Isaiah has 39 chapters…the Old Testament includes 39 books.

-The second half of Isaiah includes 27 chapters…the New Testament includes 27 books.

-The book includes all the parts of God’s story…of HIS-tory…our sin, our need for God, God’s faithfulness, God’s justice, our need for a Savior and Christ’s second coming.

Really the list goes on and on.

A few weeks ago, I found myself mulling over a lesson about chapters 7-12.  Our study leader concluded with a reiteration of Isaiah’s life song of praise from Isaiah 12…

“Isaiah’s song of praise included 3 things:

1. Where he had come from (vs.1)

2.Where he stands (vs.2-3) -He trusts God and is not afraid, the Lord is his strength, the Lord is his song, the Lord is his salvation, the Lord is his joy.

3. What his future looks like (vs.4-6)”

Then our leader challenged us with this statement:

“When the lyrics of our life song match up with our delivery, then and only then, does our life become a living testimony of God’s faithfulness, and there is NO better way than this, to worship our Heavenly Father.”

Then our leader played this song:

I had heard this song by Casting Crowns before, but found that reading the lyrics, along with listening left quite an impact on my heart. 

I so desire for my own life song to whole heartedly sing to the God that made me…for the words and meditations of my heart to match my daily actions…so that I can sign the Lord’s name at the end of the day, knowing confidently as my head hits my pillow that I haven’t left anything on the table…that I have given my day to Him and tried whole heartedly to be His hands and his feet…no matter what the day itself held.

I have a long ways to go, especially right now as our family walked through this time of change and transition…but wanted to share how I’ve been challenged and encouraged.

Happy Wednesday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment