Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Honey of a Day!

Today has been just that in our neck of the wood!

B was able to start his day off with some good “Dadeee” time.

After breakfast, we got dressed and put on shorts (with long sleeves)!  I admit, the Minnesotan in me thought this was necessary on a beautiful day like today!

Later, B and Ella joined me on a couple errands…we returned our library books, went to the store, etc.  We enjoyed riding with the windows rolled down and the heat turned OFF!

photo3

After our errands were complete, we stopped at TCU to take a good long morning walk. This continues to be our favorite place to walk, there is so much to look at and so much to talk about. Ella seemed to enjoy getting out and B enjoyed having her along as a companion. 

After our walk, we enjoyed a quick lunch at home. After lunch I successfully burned the sugar cookies that I was slated to send to school with B tomorrow (B and I got distracted reading about choo choo’s outside on the porch swing)…but I chose to let it slide and hope that his class and teachers don’t hold it against me (really, I’m hoping that the frosting I was asked to send with disguise the crisp-ness of the cookies).

After lunch, we decided that Ella needed a bath.  B helped helped rinse the soap bubbles off of Ella. When we were done, we sent Ella (and ourselves) outside to dry (and play).

IMG_4782

B’s little sandbox didn’t get much use while the house was on the market…so we are tried to make up for some lost time as Ella dried off in the sun.

photo4

As B played, he learned the lesson of keeping the sand inside the box as opposed to outside on the ground or on his momma.  Later, B learned that playing inside the box was just as much fun, if not more than standing around the perimeter.

photo2

After losing interest in the sand, B helped me comb Ella and then headed off to dream land for his afternoon nap. 

Now I have a quiet-half packed house all to myself…with laundry, dusting and vacuuming calling. I can’t complain…it really has been truly a honey of a day!

I am so grateful for all the simple joys that come through spending the day with our little guy.

Happy Tuesday.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment